The JCU Singapore School of Science and Technology offers both undergraduate and postgraduate degrees in majoring in sciences and technology. Please visit http://www.jcu.edu.sg or http://www.jcu.edu.au for more information. Continuing success of the programs and the increasing demand for graduates in this field has prompted expansion of our academic team. We are seeking suitable candidates for the position of Senior Lecturer/ Lecturer for the following discipline:
- Information Technology
LECTURER/ SENIOR LECTURER: INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
The appointee will be an experienced academic / faculty member and will join a young, dynamic and growing team of academics. This is a leadership role in research and research development at the Singapore campus which includes mentorship, guest lecturing and industry engagement.
Applications are invited from candidates in any area of research and practice with a focus in IT.
- A leadership role in research training and development.
- Supervision of postgraduate research projects.
- Supervision of undergraduate and postgraduate students engaged in course work.
- Research, including, where appropriate, leadership of a large research team.
- Significant contribution to the profession, and/or discipline.
- Mentorship of junior academic staff.
Key Selection Criteria for appointment
- A PhD in Computer Science, Information Technology or related discipline.
- A substantial publication record relative to career stage.
- Success in obtaining research funding.
- Demonstrate the potential for high-quality research activities, as well as the commitment to excellent teaching.
- Evidence of quality teaching and supervision of students at under- and postgraduate levels.
- The ability to teach across a range of subjects at various levels. Expected specialization in on one or several areas, including: computer programming (C/C++, C#, Java, Python, etc), data mining, mobile development, web development (client/server), AI and machine learning, embedded systems, Human Computer Interaction.
- Evidence of academic leadership.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective relations with colleagues in an academic environment and with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Method of Application
Please apply at: http://careers.jcu.edu.sg/cw/en/listing
Enquiries: Assoc Prof Roberto Dillon, Academic Head – Science & IT: [email protected] Telephone: +65-67093711
Employment type: Fulltime tenure subject to Ministry-of-Manpower-Singapore jurisdiction and probationary period.
Remuneration and conditions: The positions command an appropriate remuneration package commensurate with qualifications and experience. All employment salary arrangements are offered in SGD. Candidates must consider the lower tax structure in Singapore and the organisational practice of Annual-Wage-Supplement equal to a month’s salary at the end of the calendar year(as eligible) subject to JCU board’s decision.
Lecturer: SGD82,000 per annum – SGD116,000 per annum
Senior Lecturer: SGD97,000 per annum – SGD137,000 per annum
Closing Date: 22 March 2020
We thank you for your interest and regret we are only able to notify shortlisted candidates. The University reserves the right to invite applications or, alternatively, not to make an appointment or make an appointment at a lower job grade.
The Singapore campus of James Cook University (registered as James Cook University Pte Ltd in Singapore) is a wholly owned company of James Cook University Australia. The University offers Bachelor & Post-Graduate Programs in Business, Psychology, Information Technology & Education at the Singapore campus of James Cook University.
* The 2019 Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU)